PROTECTING YOUR PRIVACY
Le Shark is committed to protecting the privacy and security of our customers and site visitors. The team at Le Shark are customers themselves so we totally respect and appreciate the importance of privacy on the internet. We do not sell, trade or rent any of your personal data to any third party. However we do share information about our customers to third parties where it is part of providing a service to you – For example when arranging for our products to be sent to you, carrying out fraud prevention and other security checks and for the purposes of customer research and profiling or where we have your express permission to do so.
We store the information that you have provided when contacting us, registering or when placing an order to allow us to process your orders and for marketing purposes. We may contact you from time to time with offers and other information that may be of interest to you. If you do not wish to be contacted in this way, you can unsubscribe at any time (by clicking the link at the bottom of our emails) . If you need help unsubscribing from our mailing list please contact email@example.com
Your information will be held by SRG Apparel PLC t/a Le Shark Apparel Limited. Our address is: Le Shark, Unit 14 Park Seventeen, Whitefield, M45 8FJ
We reserve the right to amend these Terms from time to time.
HOW WE USE YOUR PERSONAL INFORMATION
Here is a list of all the ways that we may use your personal information and why we do it -
What we use your personal information for
Why we do this?
Taking payments and issuing refunds
We need to do this to perform our contract with you. This involves the passing of personal information to our payment service providers who in turn communicate with financial institutions in order to approve and process payment requests. This information is fully encrypted to ensure that it is secure to the highest possible degree.
Delivering your orders and updating you on the status of deliveries
In order to deliver our orders safely and securely we need to pass personal information such as email addresses, names, addresses and telephone numbers to our delivery partners and carriers.
Marketing is essential so that we can maintain and grow our business and deliver the best possible experience to our customers. Without certain types of personal data we would not be able to run our marketing activity.
Customer services and support
We need to do this to perform our contract with you. Our Customer Services teams use personal information such as names, addresses and contact details in order to carry out their duties.
Fraud prevention and detection
To prevent and detect fraud against either you or us, we must use fraud screening tools which analyse all payments to detect for potential fraudulent activity. This requires certain elements of personal data.
WHERE WE COLLECT PERSONAL INFORMATION FROM
- When you purchase our products. For example we ask for your name, telephone number, home address, delivery address, email address and credit card and other payment details.
- When you use our website
- When you talk to us via email, phone or live chat
- In customer feedback and surveys
- If you take part in our competitions or promotions.
INFORMATION WE COLLECT WHEN YOU USE OUR WEBSITE
- Payment and transaction details
- Profile and usage data. This includes the profile you create to identify yourself when you connect to our websites. It also includes other data about how you use those services. We gather this data from devices you use to connect to those services, such as computers and mobile phones, using cookies and other internet tracking software.
INFORMATION WE COLLECT FROM OTHER SOURCES
- Companies that introduce you to us.
- Social media
- Fraud prevention agencies.
- Referral and Loyalty scheme operators.
WHO WE SHARE YOUR PERSONAL INFORMATION WITH
We do not sell, trade or rent any of your personal data to any third party. However we do share information about our customers to third parties where it is part of providing a service to you such as -
- Payment service providers so that we can complete payments made through our website.
- Delivery and order fulfilment partners to ensure orders are delivered to the right place and on time.
- Fraud prevention agencies so we can help tackle fraud
- Professional service providers such as marketing agencies, advertising partners and website platform partners who help run and operate our business
- Analytics platforms to enable us to understand how people visit and interact with our websites.
WHY ARE WE ALLOWED TO HANDLE AND STORE YOUR PERSONAL INFORMATION?
We are allowed to collect and process your personal information for a number of legal reasons
If you visit our site and are not an existing customer or enter a promotion such as one of our competitions, we might ask for your consent to process your personal information so that we can send you our special offers and news
2. Contractual obligations
We would primarily rely on this justification when you purchase our products as it is necessary for us to process your personal information to fulfil your order and send our products to you.
3. Legal compliance
We may be legally required to collect and process your data e.g. to pass it on to the police if criminal activity is suspected.
4. Legitimate Interest
We may use your personal information if it is necessary for us to do so to help run our business such as to send you product recommendations with the aim of trying to improve your customer experience. We will only use your personal information in these instances, where doing so does not materially impact your rights, freedom or interests.
We may use your personal information to tell you about relevant products and offers. This is what we mean when we talk about ‘marketing’. The personal information we have for you is made up of what you tell us, and data we collect when you use our services, or from third parties we work with. We study this to form a view on what we think you may want or need, or what may be of interest to you. This is how we decide which products, services and offers may be relevant for you. We can only use your personal information to send you marketing messages if we have either your consent or a ‘legitimate interest’. That is when we have a business or commercial reason to use your information. It must not unfairly go against what is right and best for you.
KEEPING YOUR INFORMATION
We’ll hold on to your information for as long as you have your account, or as long as is needed to be able to provide the services to you.
We may also keep hold of some of your information as required, even after you have closed your account or it is no longer needed to provide the services to you, if reasonably necessary or required to meet legal or regulatory requirements, resolve disputes, prevent fraud and abuse, or enforce our terms and conditions,
You have a lot of rights relating to your personal information including:
- The right to be informed about how your personal information is being used (like we’re explaining in this policy)
- The right to access the personal information we hold about you
- The right to request the correction of inaccurate personal information we hold about you
- The right to request that we delete your data, or stop processing it or collecting it, in some circumstances
- The right to stop direct marketing messages, which you can do by clicking on the unsubscribe link in your marketing emails and by contacting our customer service team at firstname.lastname@example.org and to withdraw consent for other consent-based processing at any time
If you want to object to how we use your data, or ask us to delete it or restrict how we use it or, please contact us.
HOW TO CONTACT US
Please do not hesitate to contact us at email@example.com if you have any questions about this notice, want to exercise any of your rights as set out above, would like us to stop using your information or have a complaint.